A favorite City of Irvine annual summer tradition returns this July, when the Sizzlin’ Summer Concert series kicks off at Mike Ward Community Park — Woodbridge.
The community is invited to a series of free family-friendly concerts in the park covering a variety of musical tastes — from groovy soft rock and dance hits to classic soul and ’80s music. In addition to Saturday concerts, enjoy three Friday concerts presented in partnership with Irvine Barclay Theatre, and a Sunday series finale featuring Pacific Symphony. Bring a picnic basket or purchase treats from on-site gourmet food trucks.
General admission is free and lawn seating is available first-come, first-served for the entire community. Ticketed reserved seating near the front of the stage is also available: preferred picnic circle seating areas are $10; and VIP front-row seating areas are $20. One ticket is required per space, and each space accommodates approximately five adults. Ticket sale dates vary prior to each concert. For a complete schedule and to purchase reserved seating, visit yourirvine.org.
In support of the City of Irvine’s 50th anniversary celebration, we are encouraging all guests to donate canned food and nonperishable items to help support families in need to reach our goal of filling 50 barrels from our concert event season. All donations support Families Forward.
2021 Sizzlin’ Summer Concert Series
- Friday, July 16, 6 p.m.: Irvine Barclay Theatre Jazz Band featuring the Ron Kobayashi Trio (Jazz)
Live jazz music presented in partnership with the Irvine Barclay Theatre.
- Saturday, July 17, 5:30 p.m.: Yachty by Nature (Groovy Soft Rock)
Yachty by Nature is a six-piece band that brings you the finest in groovy soft yacht rock from the late ’70s and early ’80s.
- Saturday, July 24, 5:30 p.m.: Yard Sale (Greatest Dance Hits)
Yard Sale is a high-energy band that will get you dancing to the greatest hits.
- Friday, July 30, 6 p.m.: Aloha Friday with Kaleo Phillips (Hawaiian)
- Hawaiian music presented in partnership with the Irvine Barclay Theatre.
- Saturday, July 31, 5:30 p.m.: Stone Soul (Classic Soul & Motown)
Stone Soul is a horn-blowing, foot stomping classic soul & Motown tribute band that has built a reputation as one of the most entertaining local bands.
- Saturday, August 7, 5:30 p.m.: Tijuana Dogs (Dance Party Rock)
The Tijuana Dogs are a popular Orange County rock band. This high-energy party rock band will have you up and dancing the entire time.
- Friday, August 13, 6 p.m.: Darcie Roberts (Broadway Revue)
Live Broadway revue presented in partnership with the Irvine Barclay Theatre.
- Saturday, August 14, 5:30 p.m.: Neon Nation (’80s Dance Party)
Neon Nation performs the greatest hits of ’80s. Get ready to rock out on the dance floor to this premier ’80s live music experience.
- Sunday, August 15: Pacific Symphony in the Cities
At 5:30 p.m., a Musical Playground will open with interactive activities for children. The Pacific Symphony concert begins at 7 p.m.
Guests should bring chairs and blankets; layered clothing is recommended. Mike Ward Community Park — Woodbridge is located at 20 Lake Road, Irvine. For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/specialevents or call 949-724-6606.