Calling all photographers!
Together, the City of Irvine, its residents, and business community have been taking the necessary means and measures to stop the spread of COVID-19. Staying at home, practicing social distancing, and wearing a facial covering whenever in public have been among some of the preventative measures taken by our community.
The City of Irvine would like to chronicle these moments in time, and showcase how our Irvine community continues to come together during this global health crisis by submitting photos of your experiences. Residents, business owners, parents, healthcare workers, and anyone who lives or works in Irvine is asked to partake in this campaign. The photos should showcase the world around you and how it has changed in the recent days, weeks, and months: your at-home workspace, kids learning remotely, web-based meeting screenshots, medical drives, community involvement, food drives, etc.
Any picture is worth capturing and submitting; the goal is to chronicle everyday moments, community support efforts, and overall moments navigating new paths.
To submit your photos, please complete the submission form below. Select images will be shared on the City of Irvine’s Flickr page and social media channels.
- Anyone who lives or works in the City of Irvine is eligible to contribute.
- Photos taken on any device are welcome, though high-resolution images are preferred. Files submitted must be a minimum of 2 MB and a maximum of 10 MB.
- Photos should be submitted online and include the location and date the photo was taken, along with a description if applicable.
- In submitting your photos, you grant the City of Irvine permission to use your images on its publishing platforms.
- Submit as often as you like. A new form is required for each file submission.
For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must complete a Photo/Video Release Form from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian must sign the release form. All participants must provide a model release form to the City of Irvine upon request. You may also obtain a copy of the release form by calling the City’s Public Information Office at 949-724-6248.
Participants are prohibited from submitting entries that:
- Contain material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, and publicity rights.
- Contain material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, give rise to civil liability, violate the law, or is otherwise inappropriate.
- Publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage the City of Irvine.
- Are in support of, or opposition to, any political candidate or ballot measure.
- Contain religious messages or advocate or promote religious beliefs.
- Advocate, promote or represent the sale or use of tobacco, alcohol, controlled substances, firearms or weapons.
Digital Photo Guidelines
Files submitted must be a minimum of 2 MB and a maximum of 10 MB. Accepted file types include .jpg and .png
By submitting your images, you grant the City of Irvine a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival and all other standard City of Irvine purposes. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The City of Irvine will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.