Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Irvine Senior Services. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our senior community, we ask that all volunteers commit to volunteering a minimum of three hours per week for at least six months. The majority of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you need weekend or evening hours, please see the Fitness Center Attendant and Facility Operations Support opportunities.
Below you will find a listing of our current Support Services volunteer openings. If you are interested in any of these, please contact Connie Larr at 949-724-6096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Driver for Non-Emergency Medical Appointments │ Lakeview Senior Center
Help ensure seniors in the Irvine community have access to medical care by becoming a volunteer driver.
- Duties: Drivers assist seniors with rides to and from non-emergency medical appointments.
- Requirements: Must be 21+, have vehicle and insurance. Clear Live Scan fingerprinting through the Department of Justice (drivers will referred to the Irvine Police Department by Volunteer Coordinator to complete fingerprinting).
- Available Shifts: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Drivers are able to accept or decline transportation assignments based on availability.
Irvine Senior Travelers Board Board Member │ Lakeview Senior Center
Prepare monthly newsletter for the Irvine Senior Travel.
- Duties: Prepare monthly newsletter showing upcoming travel itinerary.
- Requirements: Must be 50+ and have a general knowledge of Microsoft Word. Must also attend a monthly board meeting to receive newsletter update information.
For additional informational, contact Linda Lako at 888-882-8714.