Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Irvine Senior Services. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our senior community, we ask that all volunteers commit to volunteering a minimum of two hours per week for at least three months.
The majority of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. If you need weekend or evening hours, please see the Fitness Center Attendant and Facility Operations Support opportunities.
Below you will find a listing of our current Support Services volunteer openings. If you are interested in any of these, please contact Connie Larr at 949-724-6096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Driver for Non-Emergency Medical Appointments │ Lakeview Senior Center
Help ensure seniors in the Irvine community have access to medical care by becoming a volunteer driver.
- Duties: Drivers assist seniors with rides to and from non-emergency medical appointments.
- Requirements: Must be 21+, have vehicle and insurance. Clear Live Scan fingerprinting through the Department of Justice (drivers will referred to the Irvine Police Department by Volunteer Coordinator to complete fingerprinting).
- Available Shifts: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Drivers are able to accept or decline transportation assignments based on availability.
CHAMPION │ Lakeview Senior Center
CHAMPION (Community Helpers Assisting Mature Persons In Our Neighborhood) volunteers become a friend to isolated seniors who live in Irvine.
- Duties: CHAMPION volunteers may socialize in the senior’s home or spend time together on fun outings.
- Requirements: Must be 21+, clear Live Scan fingerprinting through the Department of Justice, completion of an eight-week training series, a one-year commitment, and attendance at monthly meetings with other CHAMPION volunteers
- Available Shifts: A CHAMPION volunteer orientation is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 12 from 2-3:30 p.m. Volunteer training sessions are held weekly from Sept. 26 through Nov. 14 from 2-3:30 p.m. All meetings are held at the Lakeview Senior Center. Visits with seniors are scheduled based on your availability.