Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Irvine Senior Services. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our senior community, we ask that all volunteers commit to volunteering a minimum of three hours per week for at least six months. The majority of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you need weekend or evening hours, please see the Fitness Center Attendant and Facility Operations Support opportunities.
Below you will find a listing of our current Rose Garden Cafe volunteer openings. If you are interested in any of these, please contact Connie Larr at 949-724-6096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dishwasher │ Lakeview Senior Center
Don’t like to cook? Perfect! Everyday dishes pile up and we need your help! Join a great crew of staff and volunteers as a valued dishwasher. Complimentary Lunch provided for dishwashing volunteers! Proof of recent negative tuberculosis (TB) test required.
- Duties: Rinse dishes and run through dishwasher
- Requirements: Must be 16+, negative Tuberculosis (TB) test within past year
- Available Shifts: Monday through Friday from noon.–2 p.m. (you can pick any day)
Rose Garden Café Sign-in Desk │ Lakeview Senior Center
Assist with the Nutrition program registration sign-in desk.
- Duties: Greet participants at lunch, answer questions, enter participant’s names into the database.
- Requirements: Good customer service and computer skills and ability to communicate with lunch participants, volunteers and staff.
- Available Shifts: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Rose Garden Café Servers │ Lakeview Senior Center
Serve lunch to seniors during the lunch program at the Rose Garden Café.
- Duties: serve plated meals and drinks to seniors.
- Requirements: Must be 14+, negative Tuberculosis (TB) test within the past year.
- Available Shifts: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.