The City of Irvine is proud to recognize and pay tribute to Irvine’s military heroes for their sacrifice and service through programs, events and services, including the City’s Military Banner Program. Family members and loved ones may nominate an active duty service member from any branch of the military to be honored with a street banner with the individual’s name and photo. The banner will be prominently displayed on Culver Drive, between Alton and Barranca Parkways, throughout their tour of duty.
Thank you to the Irvine Exchange Club for their generous support
as a major sponsor of the Military Banner Program.
- Active duty service member of the United States Armed Forces*; AND
- Current Irvine resident; OR
- Immediate family member of an Irvine resident (wife/husband, mother/father, son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter)
* Active duty includes Coast Guard in time of war, and active duty or mobilized reservists.
Applications must include:
- Application form (please ensure name is spelled correctly)
- High resolution official military photo (300 to 600 dpi)
- Brief biography of the service member
Other Program Information:
- Banners of honorably discharged service members and demobilized reservists will be removed and presented to the individual and/or family members at the City’s annual Veteran’s Day Ceremony.
- Banners of service members that perish in the line of duty will be removed and presented to family members at the City’s annual Memorial Day Ceremony. A plaque in honor of deceased service members who are residents of Irvine will also be added to the City’s Memorial Flag Monument.
- Banners are located on Culver Drive between Alton and Barranca Parkways.
- For more information, call Wendy Brown at 949-724-6730 or email.