Center Volunteer Information
The Irvine Animal Care Center is proud to have the support of dedicated volunteers. Center volunteers support staff in implementing the mission and programs of the Irvine Animal Care Center. Volunteers assist staff with a variety of tasks, including cleaning kennels, doing laundry, feeding, assisting the public and socializing adoptable animals. Areas of volunteer service include dogs, cats and rabbits, foster care, outreach and education.
Qualifications to Volunteer
- Be at least 18 years old
- Ability to volunteer at the Center bi-weekly and meet a minimum 4-hour time commitment per calendar month
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Have a valid email account that is checked regularly
- Not be volunteering for a court-mandated reason
- Be comfortable interacting with staff, volunteers, customers and animals
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications, you may still be eligible to become an event volunteer.
Volunteer Open House Information
Please click here to be added to mailing list to receive information about upcoming Volunteer Open House events.
Foster Care Program
To learn more about our Foster Care Program and how to become a Foster Volunteer, visit our Program page.
|Current Volunteer Log in|
For additional Volunteer Opportunities with the City of Irvine, visit our Volunteer Opportunities web page.