Your adoption doesn't end when you leave the center with your new pet! We're also here to help your pet adapt to your home and to offer assistance with any questions or problems that may arise during this exciting, and sometimes challenging, time.
- Should you have any questions about the care of your new pet, please contact the Irvine Animal Care Center at 949-724-7740 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to request a tour of the Center.
- For questions and concerns relating to barking dogs, leash laws, permits, ordinances or to report a lost or found dog, please visit the City's Animal Services page.
- Visit Irvine's Central Bark dog park or find other dog parks in the Orange County area.
- Shelters and humane societies in the Orange County area
- Need a pet-sitter while you're on vacation? Petsitters International's website can help you locate an animal caretaker in your area. All petsitters must adhere to a code of ethics and standards in order to be listed.
- Visit the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center for more information on any animal poison-related emergency.
For Dog Owners
The center strongly encourages adopters to attend a puppy or basic obedience class. It's the best way to get your relationship with your new dog or puppy off to a good start. We recommend humane training methods that rely on encouragement and positive reinforcement. Visit the Association of Pet Dog Trainers website to search for a dog-friendly instructor near you or sign up for Dog Obedience or Puppy Kindergarten at a local park.
Check out the following handouts to assist you in caring for your dog:
For Cat Owners
The Irvine Animal Care Center discourages the declawing of cats. Declawing is a painful and unnecessary procedure. Most scratching issues are not difficult to manage and humane alternatives are available. For more information from The Paw Project, click here.
Check out the following handouts to assist you in caring for your cat:
For Rabbit Owners
Visit the House Rabbit Society's website for an extensive directory of rabbit-behavior pages.