What is Composting?
Composting is nature’s process of recycling decomposed organic matter. By composting your food scraps, yard trimmings and other organic waste, you are continuing nature’s cycle and speeding up the process of converting organic waste back into nutritious soil.
Nearly 20% of waste that ends up in landfills could be composted. Along with reducing amounts of solid waste in landfills, composting has several other benefits:
- Improves the quality and fertility of your soil
- Conserves natural resources
- Reduces weeds
- Reduces run-off of fertilizer and pesticides into storm drains
Backyard Composting Videos
- Introduction to Backyard Composting
- The Five Easy Steps to Backyard Composting
- Benefits of Backyard Composting
- Solving Backyard Composting Problems