What you will learn:
- How to apply for a job
- What type of people do employers hire
- Importance of being professional
- Tools to perfect your resume
- What to expect in an interview
- How to follow up on job applications/interviews
We will also answer questions about how to gain work experience, volunteerism, appropriate use of social media and more.
What to bring:
In order to work in the United States of America, you need to prove that you are a citizen.
Please bring the following “right to work” documents (Option A or B)
US Passport (non-expired)
Driver’s License or School ID (with a picture) AND
Original Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
How to Register for a Workshop:
You can register for our workshop the following ways:
- Register online at yourirvine.org.
- Register in person at the Youth Employment and Programs Office; at City Hall, Community Services (second floor); or any community park.
Our office is open by appointment only
10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Please call or email us to schedule an appointment.
Youth Employment & Programs Office
14301 Yale Avenue, Irvine, CA 92604