What you will learn
- How to apply for a job
- What type of people do employers hire
- Importance of being professional
- Tools to perfect your résumé
- What to expect in an interview
- How to follow up on job applications/interviews
We will also answer questions about how to gain work experience, volunteerism, appropriate use of social media, and more.
What to bring
In order to work in the United States of America, you need to prove that you are a citizen.
Please bring the following “right to work” documents (Option A or B):
US Passport (non-expired)
Driver’s License or School ID (with a picture) and original Social Security Card or birth certificate
How to Register for a Workshop
You can register for our workshop the following ways:
- Register online at yourirvine.org.
- Register in person at the Youth Employment and Programs Office; at City Hall, Community Services (second floor); or any community park.