What you will learn:
- How to apply for a job
- What type of people do employers hire
- Importance of being professional
- Tools to perfect your resume
- What to expect in an interview
- How to follow up on job applications/interviews
We will also answer questions about how to gain work experience, volunteerism, appropriate use of social media and more.
What to bring:
In order to work in the United States of America, you need to prove that you are a citizen.
Please bring the following “right to work” documents (Option A or B)
US Passport (non-expired)
Driver’s License or School ID (with a picture) AND
Original Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
How to Register for a Workshop:
You can register for our workshop the following ways:
- If you have registered for a City of Irvine program or activity and you know your account login and pin number click here to register;
- If you do not have a class login you may call us to register at 949-724-6741 or 949-724-6610;
- You can go in person to the Youth Employment and Programs Office or to City Hall, 2nd floor Community Services or any Community Park.
Our office is open by appointment only
10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Please call or email us to schedule an appointment.
Youth Employment & Programs Office
14301 Yale Avenue, Irvine, CA 92604