- Know the job description and what is required to perform the job.
- Study the employer website to learn company history, mission statement, values, and important initiatives.
- Prepare solid answers to the following questions:
- What do you know about our company?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Know your availability, including specific days, and hours.
- Prepare at least three thoughtful questions to ask the interviewer at the conclusion of the interview.
- Call the iYES office at 949-724-6741 to schedule a mock interview.
- Research company culture and dress appropriate for the job or position you are seeking. It is always better to over-dress than to dress too casually.
- Arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes prior to your schedule interview time and check in.
- Bring three to four copies of your résumé, even if you already attached it to your job application.
- Keep your phone off and out of sight prior to and during the interview.
- Listen for the interviewer's name and repeat it at least once during the interview to build rapport.
- Don't use vague generalities when answering questions. Instead, provide your real-life experiences in your answers to back up your statements.
- Be prepared to talk about what you learned in your previous job or leadership roles.
- Practice talking without saying "like" or "umm."
- Tie all of your answers back to the job for which you are interviewing. This works wonders!
Need interview practice? Book a mock interview with iYES today. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-724-6741.