Business Planning and Budget is responsible for producing the City’s Annual budget and the City’s Five-Year Strategic Business Plan. These documents are the "blueprints" used to provide a sound financial framework for all City operations. The budget team is also responsible for regular review of revenues and expenditures to budget estimates, fiscal forecasting, coordination of the City’s land use projections, and evaluation of the fiscal impact of new development. Click here for the Community Budget Meeting slides.
- Irvine Ranked No. 1 in Latest Fiscal Strength Survey
- GFOA's Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
- CSMFO Excellence Award for Budgeting
Relevant Documents and Materials
- Video: City Council Budget Presentation Item 1.3 - January 22, 2019
- Finance Commission Budget Presentation - January 7, 2019
- Two-Year Budget Flyer, including Neighborhood Meetings
- Budget Process Video
2018-2019 City Budget
2017-2018 City Budget
2016-2017 City Budget
2015-2016 City Budget
2014-2015 City Budget
2013-2014 City Budget
Financial Data Online
A Financial Data Online portal has been established as an additional tool to explore the City’s budget.
Budget Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click these links to answer some frequently asked questions (results will open in a new tab or window):
- Overall what are the City's Revenues and Expenses?
- What is the General Fund total budget?
- What revenue sources contribute to the City's General Fund?
- What type of expenses does the General Fund pay for?
- How does the City divide up the general fund among the City's departments?
- How much does the City spend on salaries for all departments and funds?
- What is the budget by expense type for the Police Budget?
- How much does the Orange County Great Park cost to operate? (Fund 180 Operating Fund)
- How much does the Community Services Department spend on its different programs?
View additional resources on using Financial Data Online