The Green Ribbon Environmental Committee seeks to increase public participation in energy conservation and sustainable practices, helping the City serve the community through advancing environmental policy initiatives and programs. The Committee is supported by the Public Works Department. It advises the City Council on matters related to climate protection, energy, recycling and waste management, sustainability, transportation, and water, as well as environmental and energy goals that are stated in the General Plan and related documents.
Meeting Dates for 2018:
- Feb. 20
- May 15
- Aug. 27
- Nov. 29
- Councilmember Melissa Fox (appointed by City Council)
- Planning Commissioner Dustin Nirschl (appointed by Planning Commission)
- Salem Afeworki (member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Bemmy Maharramli (member-at-large, appointed by City Council)
- Gang Chen (appointed by Councilwoman Christina L. Shea)
- Norm Kisamov (appointed by Mayor Donald P. Wagner)
- Richard Prince (appointed by Councilmember Melissa Fox)
Note: Two Council-appointed seats are currently vacant.