The City of Irvine’s annual summer tradition returns on Sunday, July 8, when the Sizzlin’ Summer Concerts kick off at Mike Ward Community Park – Woodbridge.
The community is invited to a series of six free family-friendly concerts out in the park covering a variety of musical tastes — from modern country and classic rock to classical symphony and ’80s new wave. Festivities include a children’s play area and gourmet food trucks.
2018 Sizzlin’ Summer Concert Series
- Sunday, July 8, 5:30 p.m.: Smith Band (Modern Country)
Smith Band is a six-piece group that will rock your favorite country and Top 40 hits. Grab your boots and be ready to bust a move.
- Sunday, July 15, 5:30 p.m.: The Reflexx (’80s New Wave)
The Reflexx performs the greatest hits of ’80s alternative and new wave. Get ready for a flashback to the ’80s classics we know and love.
- Sunday, July 22, 5:30 p.m.: Tijuana Dogs (Dance Party Rock)
The Tijuana Dogs are a popular Orange County band. This high-energy party rock band will have you up and dancing the entire time. At 6:30 p.m., enjoy an intermission performance by Sara Peyton King, the Irvine High School Youth Action Team Akustikoff winner.
- Sunday, July 29: Pacific Symphony in the Cities
- 5:30 p.m.: Musical Playground for Children
- 7 p.m. Pacific Symphony Concert
Enjoy a must-do summer tradition: a free outdoor concert by Pacific Symphony, led by Music Director Carl St.Clair.
- Sunday, Aug. 5, 5:30 p.m.: Undercover Live (Pop Variety)
This dynamic and energetic band will be sure to fill the park while they perform the best of pop, funk, R&B and Top 40.
- Sunday, Aug. 12, 5:30 p.m.: The Emperors (Classic Rock)
The Emperors have performed together for more than 20 years playing classic rock music from legendary artists.
Guests should bring chairs and blankets; layered clothing is recommended. Mike Ward Community Park – Woodbridge is located at 20 Lake Road, Irvine. For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/specialevents or call 949-724-6606.