Virtual Community Center
Just because you're indoors doesn't mean you can't explore the world! Use technology to your advantage, and take virtual field trips to museums, world wonders, and more — including the Louvre, Great Wall of China, or the San Diego Zoo. Get ideas below, and search online as new options become available daily.
- Animal Cameras: Tune into a web cam of animals at the Monterey Bay Aquarium; check out Georgia Aquarium's beluga web cam, jellyfish webcam, Indo-Pacific Barrier Reef cam, African penguin cam, and much more; explore six different feeds at the Houston Zoo; and wave a digital hello to the panda cam at Zoo Atlanta.
- Boston Children's Museum: Walk through the three different floors of the museum using Google Maps. Learn more here.
- Cincinnati Zoo: Join the zoo on Facebook Live each weekday at noon PST. Videos will highlight a different animal each day, and include a related activity children can do from home. Learn more here.
- Discovery Education Field Trips: Take advantage of free virtual field trips exploring every arena of education, including tech, sports, agriculture, the natural world, and more. Learn more here.
- FarmFood360: Go behind the scenes of a dairy farm, apple orchard, feed mil, and more with Canadian farm and food tours. Learn more here.
- Great Wall of China: Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World without even leaving your own living room. Learn more here.
- Mars: You don't need a rocket ship to get to the surface of Mars! Check out digital views of the Red Planet courtesy of the Curiosity rover. Learn more here.
- National Parks: Get a dose of nature with virtual tours of national parks — including Arches, Chanel Islands, Glacier, Yellowstone, and Yosemite — from your couch. Learn more here.
- OC Fair: See what the OC Fair's much-loved pigs are up to on the Centennial Farm's live pig cam. Learn more here.
- Poppy Cam: Enjoy spring wildflowers in bloom by tuning in to the California Department of Parks and Recreation's Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve live stream. Learn more here.
- San Diego Zoo: Kids (and adults!) can peep in on live camera feeds and videos of their favorite animals. Learn more here.
- The Louvre: Give your young ones an appreciation of art with a digital trip to Paris, France, where you'll see the museum's exhibition rooms and galleries up close and personal. Learn more here.
- U.S. Space and Rocket Museum: Hop on over to Huntsville, Ala., to see the Saturn 5 Rocket. Learn more here.