The TRIPS program strives to support eligible Irvine seniors and adults with disabilities in maintaining independence, community involvement, and employment through the provision of safe, reliable, professional, and specialized transportation services. The program provides low-cost, wheelchair-accessible transportation to Irvine seniors and adults with disabilities. All participants must be unable to drive due to a physical or cognitive disability.
TRIPS Rider's Guide
Download a high-resolution PDF of the TRIPS Rider's Guide here.
Learn more about TRIPS tickets and reservations below. More information on the TRIPS program can be found by clicking the following links:
Buying TRIPS Tickets
Tickets are $30 each or can be purchased in $1.90 increments. Tickets must be purchased before making a reservation. Call the TRIPS office at 949-724-7433 for more information on how to purchase tickets.
Drivers are not allowed to sell TRIPS tickets or handle money or personal checks. Please note that purchasing a ticket does not guarantee rides. Rides are contingent upon availability.
- Ride reservations are made by calling the program office at 949-724-7433 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Be ready to provide the following information:
- Day and date of travel
- Your address and phone number
- Origin address and numerical address of destination
- If applicable, the suite number, physician's name, and destination phone number
- Preferred arrival time and return time (if for a round trip)
- If a personal attendant, companion, or minor will accompany the participant
- Tickets must be purchased before making a reservation.
- Ride reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations may not be left on voicemail system or emailed.
- Participants may call in no more than two (2) round-trip ride requests per day.
- Ride reservations for medical appointments may be made up to 15 business days in advance and all other purposes may be made up to 10 business days in advance.
- It is suggested that requests be made no fewer than two (2) business days in advance.
- Confirmation of the ride and a 30-minute pick-up window is provided at the time the reservation is made,
- if available.
- Participants must be ready for pick-up at the beginning of the 30-minute window.
- Same-day and next-day ride requests may be accepted and are based on availability at the time of the reservation.
- Changes to ride reservations (e.g., time, destination, added companion, etc.) must be made through the program office, are dependent upon availability, and should be kept to a minimum. Drivers may not accept or alter ride reservations.
30-minute Pick-up Window
The program requires all riders to be ready at the beginning of their assigned 30-minute window. Many variables may alter individual pick-up times on a route such as an additional rider scheduled, rider cancellations or delays, road and/or weather conditions, vehicle issues, or driver illness. For these reasons and to maximize program resources, the program is unable to guarantee an exact time of pick-up and, therefore, provides a 30 minute window.
Call the TRIPS office if the TRIPS bus is more than five minutes late from the end of the 30-minute window that was provided at the time the reservation was made.