The Irvine Animal Care Center currently has new volunteer recruitment opportunities available in our Foster Care program.
Foster Care Volunteering
Foster Care program volunteers provide temporary care for kittens, puppies, and baby rabbits, or animals recovering from a medical procedure. Foster Care program requirements include:
- Must be age 18 or older
- Commit to taking in at least two foster assignments per year (assignments typically last 3–8 weeks)
- Able to provide a quiet and secure place away from other family pets
- Able to provide at least two hours of interaction per day
- Ability to transport animals to the center for routine vet care
- Willingness to implement basic behavior training (training provided)
- Flexibility to accept animals on short notice via text messages
- Must meet the Essential Service Requirements
Those interested in volunteering are encouraged to sign up for an upcoming Foster Volunteer Workshop. The workshop is Wednesday, May 29, 6–8 p.m. Visit yourirvine.org or click the button below.
Questions? Contact Casey Pickett at 949-724-7498 or firstname.lastname@example.org.