With IrvineReady!, All Entitlement, Planning, Building, and Engineering applications, reviews, fees, and issuances can be managed over the web, saving residents and our community partners time and money by eliminating the need to visit City Hall. Please use the information below to determine your project type and begin your all electronic permitting process today!
Plan Check and Permit Issuance
Minor residential permits, previously over-the-counter: (These include residential pools and spas, gas line, patio covers, minor bathroom/kitchen remodels, and commercial re-roof.) Please submit your Application Package through the IrvineReady! Online Plan Submission Portal as indicated below. Due to our current remote work restrictions, these projects will have a target date of two business days.
Encroachment Permits and Wide Load Permits: Please email your Application Package to Buildingplancheck@cityofirvine.org and await further instructions. PLEASE PUT THE PERMIT TYPE IN THE SUBJECT LINE. You will be emailed a link to pay fees and upload any additional documents required for permit issuance.
Solar Photovoltaic Installations for Single Family: (AB2188 - Expedited Electronic Submittal for 10 kW or Less) please CLICK HERE.
Production Solar from an Approved Solar Master Plan: Please continue to use our Automated Online Service.
Automated Online Permits Service: Please use the City’s Automated Online Permits for the following application types:
- Residential Water Heater Replacement
- Residential Re-Roof
- Residential Air Conditioning Replacement
- Minor Residential Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing
- Residential Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations (EVCS) and Panel Upgrades
- Commercial HVAC Change Out (like for like only)
- New Project Submittals not outlined in more detail below: All plans must be submitted online through the City’s IrvineReady! system which can be accessed here.
IrvineReady! Video Tutorials
*NEW - PERMIT REVISION SUBMITTAL PROCESS Updated June 2021: Click Here
*NEW - Review our updated process for ADDING CONTACTS: Click Here
*NEW - TROUBLESHOOT CONTACT SETTINGS for an existing project: Click Here
For a video tutorial on how to submit a NEW PROJECT: Click Here
For a video tutorial on how to RESUBMIT for Plan Check Corrections: Click Here
For a video tutorial on PREPARING YOUR DOCUMENTS for online submittal: Click Here
For a video tutorial on the FINAL STEPS before Permit Issuance: Click Here
For a video explaining the meaning of your PROJECT STATUS: Click Here
IrvineReady! Required E-Submittal Documents
Please choose from the links below to access all required DOCUMENTS for your E-Plan Submittal in the Online Plan Submission Portal. Save a copy of your completed forms and upload them to the ATTACHMENTS tab in your goPost Dashboard leaving only plan sheets in the PLANS tab.
Building and Grading
- Commercial Agriculture Sales
- Commercial and Multi-Family Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Commercial Sign
- Commercial/Industrial New Construction or Additions
- Commercial Tenant Improvement and other Commercial Projects
- Commercial and Multi-Family Charging Stations
- Commercial Re-Roof
- Cell Site Improvements
- Tree Removal
- Revision/Deferred Submittal
- New Residential Models/ Production/ Condominiums/ Apartments
- Residential Remodel/Addition Package
- Minor Residential/Over-The-Counter
- Residential Re-Roof
- Residential Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Residential Solar Pool Heating
- Residential Solar Water Heating
- Residential Revision/Deferred Submittal
Public Works Engineering
- Easement Deed
- Final Map
- Landscape/Irrigation Improvement Plans
- Lot Line Adjustment/Lot Merger
- Public Works Improvement Plans
- Small Utility Facility Plans (Cell)
- Engineering Revision Submittal
Modified Inspections and Code Enforcement Services
March 31, 2022
Precautionary Protocols for Building and Safety Field Inspections
In an effort to protect public health amidst the Covid-19 epidemic and consistent with the Governor’s March 19 Executive Order N-33-20, the City of Irvine established additional safety precautions for building, grading, and code enforcement field inspections effective March 2020.
Based upon updated guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and consistent with the Governor’s recent executive orders relaxing mandated COVID-related safety protocols for residents and visitors statewide, the City of Irvine’s precautionary protocols for Building and Safety field inspections is suspended indefinitely. Effective immediately, Building and Safety inspectors and code officers may conduct unrestricted inspections for all facilities within the City of Irvine.
In the interest of maintaining a high level of service, the City continues to encourage the following best practices for all construction projects:
- Individuals testing positive for COVID – 19 should refrain from visiting the construction site until they are determined to be free of the virus as evidenced by a negative COVID test or written note from a medical professional or for a period of time in accordance with current CDC guidelines.
- Inspection requests should be made only for work that is complete and ready to be inspected. This approach will help to minimize delays and reduce wait time for inspections on all projects.
Helpful Contact Information
- Permits and permit information: 949-724-6313
- Inspections: 949-724-6396
- Planning and zoning: 949-724-6308, email@example.com
- Code Enforcement: 949-724-6326, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing: 949-724-6114, email@example.com
Still having trouble with your online submittal? The Community Development Department now offers in-person appointments to assist you with the following services:
- Permit Services will be offering in-person assistance with online submittals.
- Building & Safety Plan Check will be offering in-person assistance with inquiries specific to code and building standards, City specific requirements, and submittal requirements.
- The Development Assistance Counter will be offering in-person appointments for more detailed or specific planning case inquiries.
Please CLICK HERE to access our Appointment Scheduling System.
Due to our ongoing commitment to protect public health, walk-ins will not be accepted. All customers will be required to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.