Become a Festival Artist
The Irvine Global Village Festival is pleased to announce its first annual juried Irvine Global Village Festival Art Exhibition and invites Southern California-based artists to submit artwork for consideration.
The Irvine Global Village Festival is a community venue that presents exhibitions that are designed to expand awareness, understanding, and sensitivity to art, and provide an exploratory and educational viewing experience for diverse audiences.
EXHIBITOR RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Open to all artists residing in Southern California.
- All entries must be original works of art.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older.
- All accepted applicants will be required to submit a completed loan agreement, available here.
Two categories of work will be accepted.
- 2D Media for display in Hangar 244 can include:
- Painting, photography, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, or craft.
- All framed artwork and works on canvas must have a wire backing ready to be hung on Pro Panels. No artworks with French cleat backings will be accepted.
- Dimensions of 2D artwork cannot exceed 30" on the longest side and weight cannot exceed 40 lbs.
- Artwork must be hand delivered and picked up.
- 3D Outdoor Festival Installations on 10x10 Concrete Spaces:
- Artwork must be installed and de-installed by the artist.
- Artwork must be weather and wind-proof.
- Installation details will be reviewed with selected artists.
Entry is free. There is no limit on quantity of artwork submissions. Accepted artists will receive (1) complimentary admission to the festival.
The Festival Jury will select three 2D Artists with the most compelling submissions to receive awards of $150, $100, and $50 respectively; two select 3D artists will be awarded $100 each by the jury for their original artworks.
If you are interested in exhibiting your artwork, please fill out the application linked below. Applications are due September 3.
The City of Irvine is proud to host the Irvine Global Village Festival’s first Visual Arts Celebration, hosted at the Orange County Great Park’s historic Hangar 244, where artists will be creating live art throughout the day. We hope to highlight the significant cultural value of the visual arts and celebrate the talent of our local artists.
Art demonstration proposals should be approximately 45-50 minutes in length, however we will accept longer proposals. Suggested ideas include live painting, calligraphy, sustainable art, macrame, fashion design, comic sketching, sculpture, or other mediums that will captivate the audience.
If you are interested in being a demonstration artist, please fill out the application linked below. Applications are due September 3.
All art demonstration applicants must be 18 years or older.
This marketplace area in the festival is for local and emerging artists, designers, and crafters showcasing handmade products. Due to limited space, only one booth per vendor will be permitted. No selling of food is allowed in this area.
The booth fee is $525 for both days or $350 for one day. The participating vendor is required to have a City of Irvine Business License and a California Seller's Permit. Applications are due August 19.