The Ceramics Firing Program allows for currently registered Ceramic Open Studio participants to safely drop off their work at the center.
- Participants must be Ceramics Certified through the Irvine Fine Arts Center.
- Must be a current Irvine Fine Arts Center Ceramics Open Studio or class participant within the last calendar year.
How to Drop Off Your Work
- Register online at yourirvine.org for your preferred drop-off date and time.
- $15 registration fee includes one box (bisque or glaze).
- Limit one participant per time slot, per week; up to a quantity of three boxes maximum ($15 per box).
- New time slots will be added in weekly increments.
- No refunds will be allowed.
- Enter through the front entrance of the facility and check-in at the front desk at your registered drop-off date and time.
- Participants must deliver work in a cardboard box or plastic container.
- Maximum size limit: 12" wide x 15" deep x 10" high (bankers box).
- Pieces must be marked with your initials, symbol, or stamp and may not be larger than 15 inches wide.
- No more than four plates per box.
- Box or container must be labeled with a firing form and clearly list participant's name, contact information, number of pieces, bisque or glaze, and a description/picture of how you label your wares (symbol, stamp, initials, etc.).
How to Pick Up Your Work
- The firing process takes 2–3 weeks after drop-off. Participants may come in to pick up their work on the following days/times:
- Mondays: 1–5 p.m.
- Wednesdays & Fridays: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Saturdays: Noon–5 p.m.
- Kiln will be operated on a first-come, first-serve basis, and upon fully filling a kiln for best effectiveness.
- Prolific makers may need to wait as the center provides equal opportunity for participation.
- Participants must purchase clay from the Irvine Fine Arts Center or have permission from a technician to use their own.
- One bag of clay allowed per person, per purchase.
- Glazing participants will need to purchase their own glaze from Aardvark or similar vendors.
- Glaze information must be clearly listed on the firing form.
For questions, call 949-724-6880.