Please note: To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community, some indoor facilities and outdoor recreational spaces may be closed or have modified access until further notice.
Under current state guidelines, indoor galleries can re-open. Please contact the Irvine Fine Arts Center at 949-724-6880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your exhibition viewing appointment. Appointment information can be found at irvinefinearts.org/appointment. Modified recreational programming will be available to the community, and is available for registration at yourirvine.org.
Irvine outdoor park spaces remain open for passive use by individuals within the same household, while wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distance from others outside of their household. Playgrounds are open. In accordance with state guidelines, gatherings of people from more than three households are prohibited, and individuals must maintain physical distance from others outside of their group. Learn more at the City Facility Updates webpage.
Irvine Fine Arts Center is implementing a Ceramics Firing Program for currently registered Ceramic Open Studio participants to safely drop off their work at the center. This curbside service will help current participants stay creative at home while the center remains closed to the public for Open Studio and adult classes.
- Participants must be Ceramics Certified through the Irvine Fine Arts Center.
- Must be a current Irvine Fine Arts Center Ceramics Open Studio or class participant within the last calendar year.
How to Drop Off Your Work
- Register online at yourirvine.org for your preferred drop-off date and time (pick-ups will be scheduled once staff notifies participant that their work is complete).
- $15 registration fee includes one box (bisque or glaze).
- Limit one participant per time slot, per week; up to a quantity of three boxes maximum ($15 per box).
- New time slots will be added in weekly increments.
- No refunds will be allowed.
- Arrive at the Irvine Fine Arts Center at your registered drop-off date and time. Park adjacent to the Ceramics Studio driveway in the parking spot identified by the "sidewalk service" sign. Call the center front desk at 949-724-6880 to notify staff of your arrival. Staff will come out to your car with a cart to load your work.
- Participants must deliver work in a cardboard box or plastic container.
- Maximum size limit: 12" wide x 15" deep x 10" high (bankers box).
- Pieces must be marked with your initials, symbol, or stamp and may not be larger than 15 inches wide.
- No more than four plates per box.
- Box or container must be labeled with a firing form and clearly list participant's name, contact information, number of pieces, bisque or glaze, and a description/picture of how you label your wares (symbol, stamp, initials, etc.).
- Participants must wear facial masks for the duration of the drop-off, and adhere to all social distancing markers and signage on-site. All walk-in services at the Irvine Fine Arts Center remain closed.
How to Pick Up Your Work
- Irvine Fine Arts Center staff will contact participants via email or telephone when their work is complete to schedule a date and time for pick-up.
- Arrive at the Irvine Fine Arts Center at your scheduled pick-up date and time. Park adjacent to the ceramics studio driveway in the parking spot identified by the "sidewalk service" sign. Call the center front desk at 949-724-6880 to notify staff of your arrival. Staff will bring completed work to your car on a cart.
- Participants must wear facial masks for the duration of the pick-up, and adhere to all social distancing markers and signage on-site. All walk-in services at the Irvine Fine Arts Center remain closed.
- Kiln will be operated on a first-come, first-serve basis, and upon fully filling a kiln for best effectiveness.
- Prolific makers may need to wait as the center provides equal opportunity for participation.
- Participants must purchase clay from the Irvine Fine Arts Center or have permission from a technician to use their own.
- Clay may be purchased by contacting the center Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 949-724-6880, to be ready before your scheduled drop-off or pick-up.
- One bag of clay allowed per person, per purchase.
- Glazing participants will need to purchase their own glaze from Aardvark or similar vendors.
- Glaze information must be clearly listed on the firing form.
For questions, call 949-724-6880.