Household Waste / Curbside Pickup
Recycling Reminders (Grey Lid / Grey Cart)
- Do not use plastic bags, keep the recyclables loose in the cart (exception is shredded paper and plastic bags bundled for recycling).
- Make sure items are free from liquids and food residue.
Acceptable Grey Lid / Grey Cart Items:
- Metal (no liquids or food)
- Plastic (except those labeled “compostable”, no liquids or food)
- Paper (clean, dry, unsoiled, unlaminated, unwaxed)
- Glass (no liquids or food)
- Aluminum cans OR, take to these locations for cash back (CRV)
- Empty aerosol cans (must be empty)
- Paint cans (must be empty or dry)
- Tin Pie tins; Cans from soup, tuna, vegetable, juice, coffee
- Beverage Containers – juice, soda, water – OR, take to these locations for cash back (CRV)
- Bags – grocery, dry cleaning, newspaper sleeves (bundle inside a plastic bag, tie and place in cart) - OR, eliminate plastics by taking your own bags to the store.
- Buckets (#1-#7)
- Toys (#1-#7) – OR, donate to a local charity. Click here for more reuse ideas.
- Tubs (#1-#7)
- Bulk/junk mail, envelopes, catalogs – OR, opt-out of junkmail for good!
- Cardboard Boxes (flattened)
- File folders
- Mixed paper (printer, color, all types accepted)
- Newspapers, magazines – OR, use to make wrapping paper and envelopes. Click here for more reuse ideas.
- Paper board cereal boxes, tissue boxes, shoe boxes, egg cartons, beverage boxes, dry food boxes, milk cartons
- Paper towels (must be clean and dry)
- Pizza boxes (no food residue)
- Shredded paper (must bag before placing in cart)
- Soft bound books, hard bound books (inside only, no cover) – OR, donate to the Irvine library. Click here for more ideas.
- Telephone books, directories
- Food Jars – sauce, mayo, pickles (no residue)
- Beverage glass bottles wine, beer, liquor, juice – OR, take to these locations for cash back (CRV)