The City of Irvine understands that recent health directives related to COVID-19 has heavily impacted local businesses. During these difficult times, the City will continue to support our Irvine business community.
In an effort to safely reopen Irvine, the City has worked to permit expanded dining opportunities to more outdoor spaces, including common areas, parking lots, parking areas, and landscape areas to provide necessary social distancing for restaurants as they reopen. The City of Irvine has already approved 19 areas for expanded patio expansions at 24 shopping centers.
By applying for special event permits, restaurants in Irvine will be able to provide services to the same number of customers that they normally would prior to COVID-19 safety restrictions. While social distancing measures require restaurants to reduce their indoor dining capabilities, these efforts will temporarily add or expand outdoor dining areas on public and private properties. This will provide more space for socially distancing dining and reduced wait times for customers, while making sure all safety measures are still in place.
Restaurants with expanded patios in place include but are not limited to:
- Angelina's Pizzeria Napoletana at Los Olivos Marketplace
- Bacchus Bar and Bistro at Quail Hill Shopping Center
- Breakfast Republic at University Center
- Cha Cha's Latin Kitchen at The Market Place
- Fogo de Chao at Irvine Spectrum Center
- Hello Kitty Cafe at Irvine Spectrum Center
- Lazy Dog Restaurant at The Market Place
- Left Coast Brewing Company at Sand Canyon Plaza
- Little Onion Mexican Restaurant at Walnut Village Center
- TAPS Fish House & Brewery at The Market Place
- THE CUT Handcrafted Burgers at Westpark Plaza
- Sessions West Coast Deli at Woodbridge Village Center
- Silverlake Ramen at Irvine Spectrum Center
- Urban Plates at Crossroads
Approved retail centers with expanded outdoor dining opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Alton Square
- Campus Plaza
- Harvard Place Shopping Center
- Irvine Spectrum Center
- Los Olivos Marketplace
- Parkview Center
- Quail Hill Shopping Center
- Sand Canyon Plaza
- The Market Place
- University Center
- Walnut Village Center
- Westpark Plaza
- Woodbridge Village Center
Learn more about the A Breath of Fresh Air effort at Irvine's retail centers.