Staff Development Day for Early Care and Education Professionals
Saturday, March 9, 2019, 7:45 a.m.-2 p.m.
Lakeview Senior Center, 20 Lake Road, Irvine
$15 for individuals living or working in Irvine; $20 for nonresidents. Light lunch provided.
This one-day professional development conference offers four one-hour workshop sessions for individuals working with children ages 0-5 years old.
30 different workshops will be offered on a variety of topics including:
- Creating Relationships with the Parents in Your Program
- Cultural Competence Awareness: a Critical Skill for Childhood Professionals
- Full STEAM Ahead: Thematic Activities for Cross Content Learning
- Help Me! It's Naptime!
- How to Get Any Child to Listen
- Little Grievers: Young Children and Loss
- LGBTQ 101: Understanding LGBTQ Families and Youth Through Children's Literature
- Making Empathy Books with Children
- Managing Challenging Behaviors
- Nurturing Early Brain Development
- Play Can Change the World
- Seeds for Growing Capable, Connected, and Compassionate Children
- Sing, Play, Bounce, and Wiggle
- The Importance of Play
- Understanding Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Visit yourirvine.org to register online. Individual registration only. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Reserve your space today.
For more information, call 949-724-6632 or email the Child Care Coordination Office.