Resources for Parenting During COVID-19
The City of Irvine has put together a list of resources for parents to help support their own and their children’s mental health and well-being while facing the many challenges posed by the pandemic.
- CHOC Mental Health Education Program: Does your child seem sad, have they had trauma, or do they need someone besides mom and dad to talk to? Does your family need some ideas on how to make your home more harmonious? Here are some online educational resources for Mental Health:
- FREE Downloadable Handouts and Resources by the CHOC Psychology Department: www.choc.org/MentalHealthToolkit
- FREE Mindfulness and Coping Videos by the CHOC Psychology Department: www.choc.org/Coping
- Crisis Counseling Sessions (CalHope & FEMA)
- California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief during COVID-19
- Parent Videos and Resources (Collected by Irvine Unified School District) These short and engaging video Parent Pep Talks are designed to offer strategies and suggestions for some of the greatest challenges parents are currently facing.
- COVID-19 Resources for Families with Young Children (First 5 Orange County)
- RESET (Resilience: Essential Social Emotional Training) Toolbox (Western Youth Services) A collection of no-cost virtual trainings and resources to build resilience.
- Help During the COVID-19 Pandemic If you need assistance finding food, paying housing bills, or other essential services, call 211 to speak to someone who can help or visit your local 211 website to search for more local help.
Online Parenting Courses - Free in Orange County!
"Triple P” Positive Parenting Program - Free on-line self-paced courses that present parenting solutions and strategies for toddlers to tweens, pre-teens and teens. Click here to view flier.
Additional City Resources
- On-Demand Training & Resources and Training Calendar: The Child Care Coordination Office compiles this list of resources and webinars for early care and education professionals to enhance the quality of child care in Irvine. Many of these webinars would also be beneficial for families having young children.
- Finding Child Care: Information on the types of child care available and how to determine quality in a child care program. Provides lists of licensed child care in Irvine, including ages served and contact information, and also features an interactive map of family child care homes and infant, toddler, preschool and school age center-based programs.
- Child Care Provider Resources: To support child care providers affected by the various impacts of the pandemic, the City of Irvine has gathered resource links. These links are for organizations outside the City and are collected here for your convenience. For more information on the City's measures to prevent spread in our community, visit cityofirvine.org/covid19.
For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/covid19 or call Irvine Child Care Coordination Office directly at 949-724-6632.