Resources for Parenting During COVID-19
The City of Irvine has put together a list of resources for parents balancing working from home themselves while also supporting their young children and assisting older children in distance learning. Please click the links below for more information.
- California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief during COVID-19
- How to Support Children (and Yourself) During the COVID-19 Outbreak (Center on the Developing Child Harvard University)
- Social-Emotional Pandemic Risks To Your Child -- and Solutions by Age (Aha! Parenting Blog)
- COVID-19 Resources for Families with Young Children (First 5 Orange County)
- Caring for Preschoolers at Home (Harvard Graduate School of Education)
- Helping Children Cope with Changes Resulting from COVID-19 (National Association of School Psychologists: Health Crisis Resources)
- COVID-19 and Children (Early Childhood OC)
- Tips for Families: Coronavirus (Zero to Three)
- Helping Young Kids Through the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis (Zero to Thrive)
- Parents' Guide to Coping with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis (Zero to Thrive)
- Supporting Families During COVID-19 (Child Mind Institute)
- Resources for Coping with the Coronavirus Pandemic (Aha! Parenting Blog)
- COVID-19 Resources for Families & Educators (Conscious Discipline):
- Greater Good's Guide to Well-Being During Coronavirus: Practices, Resources, and Articles for Individuals, Parents, and Educators Facing COVID-19 (Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley)
- At Home with the Child Experts: The Science of Screen Time During COVID-19 (Society for Research in Child Development)
Additional City Resources
- Finding Child Care: Please note: The City of Irvine is currently in the Widespread Purple Tier of Governor Newsom's Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Child Care is “Critical Infrastructure” and is therefore allowed to remain open, with modifications, serving families who need care.
- Virtual Community Center: Irvine's hub for educational resources on keeping your young ones entertained while continuing your child's schooling at home.
- Child Care Provider Resources: To support child care providers affected by the various impacts of the pandemic, the City of Irvine has gathered resource links. These links are for organizations outside the City and are collected here for your convenience. For more information on the City's measures to prevent spread in our community, visit cityofirvine.org/covid19.
For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/covid19 or call Irvine Child Care Coordination Office directly at 949-724-6632.