Resources for Parenting During COVID-19
The City of Irvine has put together a list of resources for parents to help support their own and their children’s mental health and well-being while facing the many challenges posed by the pandemic.
- Crisis Counseling Sessions (CalHope & FEMA)
- California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief during COVID-19
- How to Support Children (and Yourself) During the COVID-19 Outbreak (Center on the Developing Child Harvard University)
- Parent Videos and Resources (Collected by Irvine Unified School District) These short and engaging video Parent Pep Talks are designed to offer strategies and suggestions for some of the greatest challenges parents are currently facing.
- Social-Emotional Pandemic Risks To Your Child - and Solutions by Age (Aha! Parenting Blog) Search for additional articles and topics here.
- COVID-19 Resources for Families with Young Children (First 5 Orange County)
- Caring for Preschoolers at Home and Making a Smooth Transition (Harvard Graduate School of Education)
- Tips for Families: Coronavirus (Zero to Three)
- Helping Young Kids Through the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis (Zero to Thrive)
- Parents' and Caregivers' Guide to Coping with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis (Zero to Thrive)
- Supporting Families During COVID-19 (Child Mind Institute)
- COVID-19 Resources for Families & Educators (Conscious Discipline):
- Greater Good's Guide to Well-Being During Coronavirus: Practices, Resources, and Articles for Individuals, Parents, and Educators Facing COVID-19 (Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley)
- RESET (Resilience: Essential Social Emotional Training) Toolbox (Western Youth Services) A collection of no-cost virtual trainings and resources to build resilience.
- Help During the COVID-19 Pandemic If you need assistance finding food, paying housing bills, or other essential services, call 211 to speak to someone who can help or visit your local 211 website to search for more local help.
Online Parenting Courses - Free in Orange County!
Additional City Resources
- On-Demand Training & Resources and Training Calendar: The Child Care Coordination Office compiles this list of resources and webinars for early care and education professionals to enhance the quality of child care in Irvine. Many of these webinars would also be beneficial for families having young children.
- Finding Child Care: Information on the types of child care available and how to determine quality in a child care program. Provides lists of licensed child care in Irvine, including ages served and contact information, and also features an interactive map of family child care homes and infant, toddler, preschool and school age center-based programs.
- Virtual Community Center: Irvine's hub for educational resources on keeping your young ones entertained while continuing your child's schooling at home.
- Child Care Provider Resources: To support child care providers affected by the various impacts of the pandemic, the City of Irvine has gathered resource links. These links are for organizations outside the City and are collected here for your convenience. For more information on the City's measures to prevent spread in our community, visit cityofirvine.org/covid19.
For more information, visit cityofirvine.org/covid19 or call Irvine Child Care Coordination Office directly at 949-724-6632.