Transportation Development Review is responsible for transportation planning related activities, including both project-specific and comprehensive planning. Current planning activities include reviewing transportation and traffic impacts due to development projects, reviewing and analyzing other traffic-related capital improvement projects. Transportation Development Review staff coordinate with the Community Development Department and the Development Engineering and Transportation Planning & Project Development Divisions to provide transportation review of all development applications to ensure conformity and consistency with all applicable City design and development standards set in the City’s General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, and other transportation policy documents.
In providing Transportation Development Review, we:
- Work closely with the development community (see important documents, guidelines and procedures below) and the residents to ensure that new developments will not create unmitigated transportation impacts.
- Review nearly 350 development applications per year. Types of review include, but are not limited to, residential subdivisions, commercial/retail centers, office buildings/complexes, churches, industrial buildings and multi-use developments.
- Prepare and present staff reports and technical support to the Planning Commission and City Council relative to transportation planning issues.
- Review on-site circulation, pedestrian amenities, vehicular access, driveway locations, vehicle stacking, traffic studies, parking studies, etc.
- Ensure prior conditions of development are complied with properly.
- Ensure Zoning Code requirements, General Plan Circulation Element objectives, established engineering standards are met.
To assist developers and consultants in meeting City of Irvine development requirements, please consult the following documents:
|Transportation Development Documents
|2.||Traffic Impact Analysis Guidelines|
|3.||Transportation Design Procedures|