Presented by Southern California Edison (SCE), this free four-hour course is designed for those interested in learning about the 2016 California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen). Cities across California were required to enforce the 2016 California Green Building Code on Jan. 1, 2017. The course will review Residential and Non-Residential
standards and demonstrate how designers and developers are addressing the requirements. New or updated standards will be highlighted in order to contrast changes from the previous code cycle.
- Summarize the origins and evolution of CALGreen and how the code fits in with California’s Zero Net Energy (ZNE) goals
- Highlight new code changes that were adopted in 2016 and enforced in 2017
- Discuss challenges city officials, developers and designers have had in interpreting and implementing the code
- Review and interpret California Green Building Standards Code requirements as they relate to design and construction
- Share real world green code examples and lessons learned from design to construction
Friday, March 30, 2018
Registration: 8 a.m.
Workshop: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Irvine City Hall
1 Civic Center Plaza
Irvine, CA 92606