Class Refund, Cancellation & Withdrawal Policies
If you wish to cancel or withdraw from a City of Irvine class, or request a refund, please contact Program Registration at email@example.com or 949-724-6610. Please note the following conditions and guidelines:
- Full credits/refunds are available for courses canceled by the City or instructor.
- Participant-requested withdrawals or transfers are subject to a $5 withdrawal processing fee. The balance will remain as a credit on the participant’s account and may be applied to future registrations.
- Participant-requested refunds are subject to an additional $5 refund processing fee in addition to the withdrawal fee, for a total of $10 in fees. Refunds are issued as follows (please allow two to three weeks):
1) Credit card transactions will be refunded to original card used.
2) Cash and check transactions will be refunded by check.
- Account credits must be used within 18 months, after which credit will be refunded less applicable fees. Unclaimed funds will be surrendered to the City after three years.
Withdrawal Request Guidelines
- Courses meeting four or more times: Requests must be received three days prior to second class meeting. Earlier notice is preferred to accommodate wait-listed participants.
- Courses meeting one to three times and tennis lessons: Requests must be received one week prior to start date.
- Camps, leagues and Learn to Swim*: Requests must be received 10 days prior to start date for the $5 withdrawal fee to apply. Requests received between one and nine days prior to the start date will be processed minus 50 percent of the enrollment fee, unless otherwise noted. Requests received on or after start date are not permitted. Switching courses is considered a withdrawal of original enrollment and follows the same guidelines. *Learn to Swim requests must be made in writing to Aquatics staff; email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Program Registration for all other requests at 949-724-6610 or email@example.com.
- Excursions or special events: Withdrawals/refunds are not permitted.