- Public Review and Comment Period for Notice of Preparation (NOP): April 20 – May 22, 2017
- Scoping Meeting for Environmental Impact Report (EIR): May 1, 2017
- Community Meeting: June 12, 2017
The proposed project involves a General Plan Amendment (GPA) and Zone Change for portions of Planning Area (PA) 12 and PA 40 in the central portion of the City of Irvine (City) in Orange County, California.
Planning Area 12 (Oak Creek). PA 12 totals approximately 1,053 acres and is bound by Jeffrey Rd. to the northwest, Interstate (I) 5 to the northeast, I-405 to the southwest, and Sand Canyon Ave. to the southeast.
- PA 12 Site. This site (formerly Traveland USA) totals 70.2 acres and is bound by the Oak Creek Golf Club to the northwest, the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) / Metrolink railroad to the southwest, Sand Canyon Ave. to the southeast, and I-5 to the northeast.
Planning Area 40 (Cypress Village). PA 40 totals 634 acres and is bound by Jeffrey Rd. to the northwest, Trabuco Rd. to the northeast, PA 51 (Great Park) to the southeast, and I-5 to the southwest.
- PA 40 East Site. This site totals 25.7 acres and is bound by Roosevelt (a street) to the southwest, State Route (SR) 133 to the southeast, Trabuco Rd. to the northeast, and Sand Canyon Ave. to the northwest.
PA 40 Marine Way Sites. This area is composed of two sites, bisected by SR-133 and totaling 12.57 acres. The northwest site is generally bound by I-5 to the west, the planned future Marine Way to the north, the SR-133 overpass to the east, and an OCTA property to the south. The southeast site is bound by the SR-133 overpass to the west, the planned future Marine Way to the northeast, and Ridge Valley to the southeast (should it be extended in the future).
The applicant has filed a request for a GPA and Zone Change specific to PAs 12 and 40. In summary, the project proposes to:
- Increase the maximum number of residential units allowed by 1,343 units;
- Decrease the maximum nonresidential square footage allowed by 1,520,468 square feet (sf); and
- Amend various text, tables, and exhibits within the General Plan and Irvine Zoning Ordinance as necessary in support of the proposed amendments and for internal consistency.
The following applications have been submitted in support of this project:
- General Plan Amendment (File No. 00693260-PGA)
- Zone Change (File No. 00693257-PZC)
The detailed project description may be found in the Initial Study (available in the Environmental Section of this website).
The linked map shows the three anticipated development sites mentioned in the Project Location section above. No conceptual plans have been submitted to date for any of the three individual sites.
An Environmental Impact Report (EIR) will be prepared to evaluate environmental impacts consistent with California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Notice of Preparation and Initial Study
Links to staff reports, presentations and associated materials will be added to this section as they become available.
Meetings / Hearings / Notices
- City Council GPA Scoping Meetings:
February 28, 2017
March 14, 2017
EIR Scoping Meeting: May 1, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - Irvine City Hall
Draft EIR Public Review and Comment Period: TBD
Transportation Committee Review: TBD
GPA and Zone Change - Planning Commission Hearing: TBD
GPA and Zone Change - City Council Hearing: TBD
550 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
PROJECT PLANNER - Please submit all comments to :
Irvine, CA 92623