(Single Family, Multi-Family, Apartment or Hotel)
The following items are required to be completed prior to project acceptance for processing:
1. Plan check fees and deposits are required to be paid in full upon submittal (see Fee Schedule). Save time at the counter by asking for your plan check fees to be calculated in advance. Simply fax the filled-out Application, Data Sheet, and OCFA Screening Form to (949) 724-6420. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
2. One each of the following: (Use blue or black ink only)
- Building Permit Application
- Building Data Sheet(s) describing each building in detail
- Residential Take Off Sheet
- Address Application (if project not previously assigned addresses)
- Recycling and Diversion of Construction and Demolition Waste Assessment
- Orange County Fire Authority Screening Form
- School Fee Determination Form
- Transportation Corridor Agency Form
- 8.5 x 11 Site Location or Vicinity Maps (2 ea.)
3. In addition to the above, plan format and content requirements are as follows:
- City of Irvine Standard Title Sheet with job specific content
- City of Irvine Statement of Special Inspection form per Informational Bulletin No. 278
- City of Irvine Structural Observation Program form per Informational Bulletin 251
- Fire Sprinklers. Provide note on the plans (e.g. on the Standard Title Sheet, see item above) indicating fire sprinkler requirements. ie. For 13D systems, i.e. those systems which are supplied by the building water main, include the special note from Standard Title Sheet template indicating that no plumbing groundwork may be inspected without separate OCFA approved fire sprinkler plans to verify sizing requirements.
- Standard Stormwater Pollution Prevention Notes for Construction Projects
- Green Building Standard Notes, 2017 Residential
- Green Building Standard Notes, prior to 2017 Residential
- Security Code Standard Plan Requirements And Definitions
- Security Code, Standard Residential Provisions prior to 2017
- Security Code, Standard Residential Provisions 2017
- Security Code, Standard Parking Facility Provisions 2011. Applies to enclosed or covered parking facilities
- Security Code, Standard Recreational Space Provisions prior to 2017 as applicable
- Security Code, Standard Recreational Space Provisions 2017 as applicable
- Construction Site Security General Requirements (applies for developments of two or more units)
- Site specific Construction Site Security Plan (This is supplemental to item above and applies to developments of 25 or more units)
- Public Safety Radio System Coverage as applicable.
- Disabled Access Plan Submittal per Information Bulletin No. 254 for Multi Family and Hotels.
- Where a sales office and/or restrooms are to be temporarily located within an apartment or condominium unit or within a model home or garage, include complete plans demonstrating code compliance. Of special note are accessibility features regarding building elements and interconnecting paths of travel between restrooms and office and parking.
- For tract homes and multi-building developments where solar systems will be provided as a standard feature or offered as a sales option, the model plan set shall include standard plans that include the following:
- Solar Roofing plans: This would be a plan sheet or sheets depicting the entire tract or development, showing lot boundaries, lot numbers, roof plan and panel arrays.
- Complete PV construction plans demonstrating code compliance via notes, specifications, details etc., including all components, structural connections to the roof structure, all electrical line drawing configurations and available system sizes.
- A definitive criteria will be required when more than one system configuration or size is available so it is clear which panel arrays go with which system configuration or size.
- Mechanical vents and exhaust terminations for tract homes located at zero lot lines, yard easement and exclusive common areas shall comply with City of Irvine Informational Bulletin #325.
4. Copies of all resolutions and approval letters related to this project are required to be included.
5. Four (4) blueline prints including all architectural, structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical plans.
6. One set of the Energy Conservation Standards, including both the Title 24 Calculations and Compliance forms. Compliance forms shall be made part of the plans.
7. Two copies of the Soil’s Report and one (1) copy of the Soil’s Summary form.
8. Two copies of the Engineer’s Structural Calculations.
9. Site plan with dimensions and statistical inventory to be included with each set of bluelines.
10. Details of fencing construction and materials, if applicable.
11. Landscape and Irrigation Plan: This plan is optional at the time of the building plan submittal, but is required to be submitted prior to issuance of any building permits. Landscape and Irrigation plans must be submitted as an individual package and not attached to either building or grading plans.
12. Precise Grading Plan: This plan must be submitted either prior to or at the time of the building plan submittal. If grading plans were submitted prior to the building permit application, the applicant shall supply the grading plan check number as part of the building submittal. Precise grading plans must be submitted as an individual package and not attached to either building or landscape plans.