The following items are required for submittal:
1. Plan check fees must be paid in full upon submittal.
Save time at the counter by asking for your plan check fees to be calculated in advance. Simply fax the filled-out Application, Quantity Take-Off, Recycling and Diversion of Construction Demolition Waste form and OCFA Screening form to 949.724.6420. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
2. One each of the following: (Use blue or black ink only)
Take Off Sheet (for plumbing, electrical and mechanical work)
Building Data Sheet(s) describing each building in detail
3. Three (3) sets of plans, or Four (4) sets if OCFA review is required, including all architectural, structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical work to be reviewed. Plans should be signed by whomever prepared them: Licensed architect or structural engineer (structural projects), or licensed contractor or licensed interior designer (non-structural projects.) Plumbing, electrical and mechanical sheets should be signed by the licensed Engineer or licensed contractor if the contractor is doing the work. Plan sets should include a site plan showing building footprints, a data summary showing the total number of gross square feet within each building, broken down by land use, and a parking summary identifying the parking spaces required by code and those spaces provided on-site.
4. In addition to the above, plan format and content requirements are as follows:
- City of Irvine Standard Title Sheet with job specific content
- Include a note on the plans: “Prior to use, occupancy or final inspection existing or retrofitted 12 inch san serif addressing shall be verified by the City Inspector to be installed in a manner meeting section 5-19-517 L. of the City of Irvine Municipal Code.
- City of Irvine Statement of Special Inspection form per Informational Bulletin No. 278 if applicable
- City of Irvine Structural Observation Program form per Informational Bulletin No. 251 if applicable
- Fire Sprinklers. Provide note on the plans (e.g. on The Standard Title Sheet, see item above) indicating fire sprinkler requirements
- Green Building Standard Notes, Non-Residential prior to 2017
- Green Building Standard Notes, Non-Residential 2017
- Standard Stormwater Pollution Prevention Notes for Construction Projects
- Security Code Standard Plan Requirements and Definitions
- Security Code, Standard Non-Residential Provisions Prior to 2017
- Security Code, Standard Non-Residential Provisions 2017
- Security Code, Standard Parking Facility Provisions 2011. Applies to enclosed or covered parking facilities
- Standard Shopping Cart Retrieval Plan where an intended retail use will result in 11 or more shopping carts for customer use
- Informational Bulletin No. 313 Clearance Requirements for Commercial Appliances for projects with a commercial kitchen
- Massage Establishments Information Sheet and Requirements for establishments that offer massage services as their primary business or exceeds 10% of the total gross floor area of a business
- Disabled Access Plan Submittal per Information Bulletin No. 254.
5. Minimum one copy of Title 24 Energy Calculations. Plans shall include:
- All corresponding compliance forms
- A complete set list of required Installation of Certificates, Certificates of Acceptance under the heading “Construction Certificates Required.” To aid in defining these requirements please utilize the Energy Compliance for Non-Residential Projects Alterations and Tenant Improvements Worksheet and incorporate this document into the plans.
6. Minimum one copy of structural calculations, if applicable.
7. Prior to permits plans must be approved and bear the stamp of Environmental Health of the County of Orange Health Care Agency for:
- Any new public pool or modifications thereof,
- Any new food establishment or modification thereof,
- Any new establishment or modification thereof, at which body art is offered. Body art is defined as body piercing (not including ear piercing except for the tragus), tattooing, branding, or application of permanent cosmetics
For submittal requirements contact Environmental Health of the County of Orange Health Care Agency at (714) 433-6000.