Go Green Go iShuttle
|What is 2014 Spring Campaign? |
The iShuttle is launching a 12-week spring campaign spanning April, May, and June in an effort to encourage commuters to explore alternative modes of transportation.
How Can You Participate?
Ride iShuttle! Hop aboard an iShuttle bus between April 21 (the Monday prior to Earth Day) and June 19 (Dump the Pump Day) and note the onboard confirmation word. Then click on "Enter to Win" and fill out the online participation form. Just like that, you’re entered for the grand prize drawing (an Apple iPad) and all subsequent weekly drawings (e.g. giftcards). Winners will be announced on Twitter (@iShuttle), so make sure to follow us to find out if you won! Winners will also be contacted directly using the information provided in the online form.
Also part of the promotion, iShuttle representatives will be conducting on-site employer events with information shuttle services, great giveaways, and free refreshments. If you’re interested in scheduling one of these events, contact us at 949-72-GOBUS (46287) to put one on the calendar.
Did You Know?
- The iShuttle’s timetables are coordinated with Metrolink’s train schedules to ensure commute connections from local Metrolink stations to employers in the Spectrum area and Irvine Business Complex (IBC).
- The iShuttle has connections to major destinations, including Tustin Metrolink Station, John Wayne Airport, Von Karman Avenue, and Jamboree Road in the IBC, while in the Spectrum area, hotspots include Irvine Station, Irvine Spectrum Center, the Park, the Village, and major employment centers.
- Communities that invest in public transit reduce the nation’s carbon emissions by 37 million metric tons annually. That is the equivalent to the annual electricity usage of New York City; Washington, DC; Atlanta; Denver; and Los Angeles combined.
- Without public transportation, congestion costs would be an additional $21 billion annually.
- You could save nearly $10,000 annually by eliminating one car in your household and using public transportation instead.
- Public transportation’s overall effects save the United States 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually.
*Statistics courtesy of the American Public Transportation Association.