Dump the Pump and You Could Win an iPad Mini
|What is Dump the Pump? |
Tired of paying ever-increasing prices as the gas pump? If so, leave the car at home and join us June 17-21 for Dump the Pump, the national campaign promoting the use of public transportation. With great local services to and from the City of Irvine, you’ve never had a better opportunity to dump the pump and commute to work using the Irvine Shuttle (iShuttle) and Metrolink.
How can you participate this year?
There are multiple ways to participate in Dump the Pump! Simply try iShuttle and you could be entered to win great prizes, including an Apple iPad Mini or one of numerous Visa gift cards. While onboard the iShuttle, look for a display near the driver with the special participation word. Then visit our website – www.irvineshuttle.net – to fill out a short participation form telling us how you dumped the pump (make sure to have the participation word on-hand). It’s as easy as that!
iShuttle representatives are also holding on-site events with important information, great giveaways, and free refreshments from June 3-21. Stop by one of these no-cost, no-stress booths and sign up for a free trial offer to be entered into supplemental drawings for additional prizes! If you’re interested in scheduling one of these events, contact us at 949-72-GOBUS (46287) to put one on the calendar.
Key Dump the Pump Facts
- The iShuttle’s timetables are coordinated with Metrolink’s train schedules to ensure commute connections from local Metrolink stations to employers in the Spectrum area and Irvine Business Complex (IBC).
- The iShuttle has connections to major destinations, including Tustin Metrolink Station, John Wayne Airport, Von Karman Avenue, and Jamboree Road in the IBC, while in the Spectrum area, hotspots include Irvine Station, Irvine Spectrum Center, the Park, the Village, and major employment centers.
- Did you know the average cost of gas in California is approximately $3.91? That's over $0.37 higher than the national average (according to the California Energy Commission)?
- Public transportation use in the United States saves 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually. That’s a savings of nearly $15 billion!
- A two-person household can save an average of $9,700 annually by downsizing to one car, according to the Association of Public Transportation’s Transit Saving Report.
- Did you know that transitioning a 20-mile round-trip commute from a personal vehicle to public transportation can reduce an individual’s carbon emissions by 20 pounds daily or 4,800 pounds annually?
- According to the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), research from 2011 shows that public transit saved 865 million travel hours and 450 million gallons of gasoline.
- Also in 2011, public transportation saved nearly $21 billion in congestion costs in the U.S. (according to APTA).
- According to the American Psychology Association, money and work are the top two causes of stress in the United States. Riding iShuttle and Metrolink can save you money on your commute to work.