Care Management Services are partially funded by the "Older Americans Act." Services are provided on a donation basis, no one is turned away due to inability to donate.
Appointments can be scheduled with our Outreach Team in your home or at the senior center, to help you determine your needs and to assist you in coping with physical or emotional challenges for yourself, or if you are a caregiver for someone else by:
- Linking you to community resources such as meals on wheels, respite, homecare
- Developing short and long term goals for now and the future
- Providing you with ongoing support by regular visits and calls
- Doing mutual problem solving, expanding your choices and options
- Providing friendly visitors, callers or peer counselors
- Providing supportive counseling
To make an appointment or for more information, call the Keen Family Center for Senior Resources at 949-724-6926.
Support for Caregivers
If you are caring for a loved one, it’s important that you receive support from your family and or the community. If you become overwhelmed or do not receive breaks from caregiving, both you and your loved one will experience unnecessary stress. We have a variety of groups that you might be interested in attending to share ideas and to obtain support. Depending on your specific needs, the following groups meet at the senior centers. The Irvine Newsletter, available online, offers a complete listing of days and times or call the Keen Family Center for Senior Resources at 949-724-6926.
- General Caregivers Group
- Parkinson’s Support group for people with Parkinson’s and their loved ones
- Caregivers Group General