Since 1980 the Irvine Fine Arts Center has been a meeting place where people enjoy, create and learn about art through a variety of programs including exhibitions, classes, and special events. Serving as a focal point of artistic and cultural expression, the Fine Arts Center fulfills its mission of integrating arts into the daily lives of people through programs that contribute to the growth and development of cultural life in the community.
The Fine Arts Center hosts six visual arts exhibitions each year including three annual shows:
1) High School Art Show, 2) All Media Art Competition, and 3) Annual Juried Fundraiser.
Exhibitions focus on contemporary art in a range of styles and media including drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, metals, ceramics, printmaking, fiber arts, and more. Artwork may be part of multidisciplinary projects that explore ideas or concepts relevant to our times and of interest to our community. During the application review process, the Exhibition Committee strives for a varied yet balanced exhibition program from year to year.
The exhibition committee will adhere to the following selection criteria in determining the annual exhibition schedule.
• Artistic excellence including the quality and uniqueness of the artwork
• Original artwork, not reproductions or copies of other artist’s work
• Clarity of exhibition concept
• Art theme reflects local and regional community interests
• Artwork created by Fine Arts Center instructors and studio artists
• Artwork created by local and regional school students
• Artwork representing a cultural tradition, including cross-cultural explorations by artists of many cultures
• Artwork representing a variety of art styles and genres such as drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, jewelry, printmaking, fiber arts, site-specific installation, etc., leading to a balanced program overall
• Artwork not previously exhibited at the Fine Arts Center
• Suitability of subject matter, form, and materials for a community art center
• Artwork meets space and logistical requirements of facility
The Fine Arts Center Exhibition Committee screens applications for exhibitions once per year. The Exhibition Curator will collect applications until the end of September each year. The Exhibition Committee will make selections by the end of the following January for exhibition openings beginning July through the following June. Accepted artists will be contacted by the committee in February of each year.
Deadline to submit applications for July 2013 through June 2014: September 30, 2012
Exhibition Committee selection process: January 31, 2013
The Irvine Fine Arts Center books exhibitions a year-and-a-half in advance. If you would like to submit your work for future exhibits, please follow the instructions below (Please note: Submission is for review only, not a guarantee of an exhibition.):
Please submit your artwork and EXHIBITION APPLICATION via internet by sending your website information and link to CARL BERG. You will need to send us your resume by mail if it is not on your website.
OR you may submit a non-returnable digital CD with jpg images of your work, labeled and identified by name, along with a resume or contact information sheet and EXHIBITION APPLICATION to:
Irvine Fine Arts Center
C/O Exhibition Program
14321 Yale Avenue
Irvine, California 92604-1901
The Fine Arts Center will contact you if your work would be appropriate for a future exhibition.