The Animal Care Center is proud to have the support of dedicated volunteers. Center volunteers support staff in implementing the mission and programs of the Animal Care Center. Volunteers assist staff with a variety of tasks, including cleaning kennels, doing laundry, feeding, assisting the public and socializing adoptable animals. Areas of volunteer service include dogs, cats and rabbits, farm, front office and education.
Below are a few of the minimum qualifications to become a volunteer:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Ability to volunteer at the Center bi-weekly and meet a minimum 4-hour time commitment per calendar month
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Have a valid email account that is checked regularly
- Not be volunteering for a court-mandated reason
- Be comfortable interacting with staff, volunteers, customers and animals
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications, you may be eligible to become an event volunteer.
- Attend a one-hour Volunteer Open House (details on how to register are below.)
- Submit a volunteer application and await approval
- Upon selection into the program, attend a one-hour Volunteer Orientation.
(There is a $25 materials fee for Irvine residents and a $30 fee for non-Irvine residents.)
- Sign up for a two-hour training in the selection of your choosing; dogs, cats, rabbits or foster
- Work with a mentor to set up in-field training
- Once you are qualified, you will be able to schedule your time using our scheduling system.
** Application review and training may take up to two months.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. If you would like to be added to our interest list for our upcoming fall session orientation that will be held in July, please email us HERE