|Public Information Office|
The Public Information Office is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive internal and external communications program for the City of Irvine.
Communications Program Mission
To inform the public about City issues, programs and services to enhance their awareness, interest, understanding and involvement.
Communications Program Goals and Objectives
- Serve as the communications link between the City, its 200,000+ residents, business communities and other stakeholders in the region.
- Increase interest and participation in City services, programs and activities.
- Ensure our audiences have easy access to information and services via a diverse media portfolio – print, video, Internet, telephone, radio and/or television.
- Build community pride among Irvine’s residents.
- Promote City Council and departmental goals, initiatives, programs and services.
- Keep employees and elected officials well informed to assist them in serving the Irvine community.
- Create the best internal and external communications possible.
- Enhance our relationship with the news media to ensure they have timely, accurate information to dispatch to our mutual audiences.
Online Communications Toolkit