One of the best-run cities in America means Irvine is one of the best places in which to live, work, and play. From jobs-to-population ratio – more than 200,000 jobs in a city of more than 260,000 residents – to a public school system second to none (and supported financially by the Irvine City Council), there is no place like this home.
- 2018 Guide to Irvine
- Irvine’s Economic Development
- Irvine is Beautiful
- One-third of Irvine’s 66 square miles is permanent open space (stay tuned for ICTV’s video!)
- The 1,300-acre Orange County Great Park is one of the largest parkland development projects currently underway
- Amazon HQ2 proposal from 2017
From Irvine's partners:
- Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce: Destination Irvine
- Orange County Business Council: Four Core Initiatives
- Irvine Unified School District
- Tustin Unified School District
- UC Irvine
- The Cove at UC Irvine: Ecosystem and Entrepreneurial Community
- The Vine: Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- OCTANe Annual Impact Report: Overview of Region’s Tech Growth
- SustainOC: Accelerating Sustainability and Economic Growth
- Orange County Business Council: The Game Changers
- Blizzard Entertainment: Living in Orange County
- Orange County Visitors Association
Awards and shout-outs from 2017 and 2018
- Irvine ranked #1 Major City in Fiscal Strength by The Fiscal Times
- Sunset Magazine ranked Irvine as one of the Best Places to Live 2017 in highlighting its 20 Western Dream Towns.
- The Trust for Public Land ranked Irvine’s park system the 7th Best Park System in the U.S. based on acreage, facilities and investment, and access.
- Irvine ranked 3rd Most Prosperous City among the nation’s 100 largest, according to a study by the Economic Innovation Group, as reported by the Orange County Register
- Irvine ranked 5th Most Livable City in the U.S. by SmartAsset based on several factors including safety and access to jobs.
- Irvine received the 2017 Award of Excellence for Facility Design from the California Park & Recreation Society for Quail Hill Community Center.
- Irvine ranked #15 on Livability.com’s list for the 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live list based on our parks and open space, strong local economy, access to medical facilities and low crime rates.
- The City of Irvine received the Government Finance Officers Association’s (GFOA) award for Excellence in Financial Reportingfor its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- The City received two other prestigious awards for the financial report: The GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award honoring the City’s commitment to the highest principles of governmental budgeting, and the award for Excellence in Operational Budget from the California Society of Municipal Finance Officers.